Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Futuristic Boom Box

Since my brief jaunt into the world of tutorials, I've learned many useful things, especially about creating realism on Photoshop. So I decided to work on this while being incredibly bored at my math tutor's, staring at her radio. And so I ended up with my first rough sketch, which I moved onto a finished line drawing in my sketchbook, which I moved into Illustrator, and added the finishing touches on Photoshop.

Design Process


This is my final line drawing, ready to be moved into Illustrator.



In Illustrator, I traced out all the outlines and shapes, which ended up as this...


... which I finally moved into Photoshop for the finishing touches and effects.

Here is my final result:


And elaborated further still, I made black and white versions.



I hope you enjoyed this piece of work!

(Sorry for posting this blog post a bit late... it was made before I started procastinating, then I procastinated on posting this... oh the irony.)


2 comments:

  1. Nice. Real nice. And, dunno if you caught this or not, but in the reflection, the background overlaps the boom box, which doesn't make sense because the boom box is in front of the background. You should fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I moved it slightly behind the boom box 'cuz usually only for 2D objects that have the reflection exactly where they touch the ground. For 3D objects, you see the bottom of it, but since I couldn't replicate that without an actual #D model, I just moved the reflection slightly up a bit to give the appearance that it's below the boom box.

    ReplyDelete