Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Canopic Jar - Part II


I start layering on the paper-mache over the wireframe.


After layering the paper-mache on several times, I end up with a fairly smooth exterior.


First, I paint the exterior white. This gives it a good base for other colours to go on, as well as ending up with kind of a plastered look.


On my first day of painting, I end up with a couple clean lines, but only finishing one half. The other half is left with what looks like a grunge pattern over its side. I joked that I would get more marks for a faded, more realistic look.


This view excludes the unfinished side.


My canopic jar head beside the model of one of my friends.


Here is what it looks like on the day I finished. The picture quality is notably greater here as I used my DSLR for these shots.


I end up with clean, crisp lines.


Once again, my head is set to dry beside one of my friend's.

No comments:

Post a Comment