Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

An Introduction to: zBrush - Creature Concept

Recently, I've been experimenting with zBrush, a 3D modelling program, but it has a whole different spin to it. Unlike other 3D programs, it's interface allows the user to "sculpt" their creations out, using a set of zSpheres and then making a polymesh from it. Below, I was practicing sculpting out my creature concept.


Here you can see a zSphere primitive, where the entire creature is created out of connecting spheres.Next, I exported it to get a 3D poly mesh, which is where I ended up:


But not learning how to fully use a program before you actually start playing around with it does have its problems. It turns out the moment I exit the "Edit" mode on zBrush, it automtically converts what 3D model which took me 2 hours to make into a simple image file. I was stumped. I couldn't believe my bad luck. But at least I know have a single very nice render which you can see above. Hopefully, next time I'll do better, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment